Tips for the IT professional that might be helpful
by Mountain Computers Inc., Publication Date: Monday, April 19, 2021
View Count: 212, Keywords: IT Help, Tips, Ticks, Techniques, Hashtags: #ITHelp #Tips #Ticks #Techniques
I have seen some interesting activity on the Internet in the past 24-48 hours, and when I go back in the logs some 2-3-4 months, it was there but not as much... and now I see that most of the activity comes from global events trying to be cute...
here are my few items for thought:
1. honey pots give you great insight - fail2ban, very interesting.. been doing it on and off to see anything new.
2. code changes can trigger attacks - i knew that.. yet monitoring gives you ideas who is watching you
3. sql injection -very interesting new techniques being used, have your own logic based on experience
4. maintenance windows - what you advertise and what you do, well that is the trick
5. external triggering - beyond your control yet under your observation via response
again, I will say this cloud thing at scale can cause drastic billing overages, so that is why some use static limits and don't let scaling kill your billing because of external forces. are you a target. if so, even your CXO's might not know how to get around it unless you have some really smart people at the helm and on the team.
more to come...
if you found this article helpful, consider contributing $10, 20 an Andrew Jackson or so..to the author. more authors coming soon
FYI we use paypal or patreon, patreon has 3x the transaction fees, so we don't, not yet.
© 2022 myBlog™ v1.1 All rights reserved. We count views as reads, so let's not over think it.