Firewalls and protecting against DDOS and SQL Injection
by Mountain Computers Inc., Publication Date: Saturday, September 25, 2021
View Count: 362, Keywords: Firewalls, DDOS, Applications, SQL Injection, Hashtags: #Firewalls #DDOS #Applications #SQLInjection
Well, since we finally hit 1+ million downloads on GGPCTU the hacking and DDOS has increased about 400% and while we see daily 1-4meg in log file traffic, we are now seeing 10-16meg log file traffic and that correctly relates to DDOS and other forms of hacking, SQL Injection, Cross Script attacks, and more...
oh well, there are lots of way of handling the spike in CPU % and Network Utilization...
1. isolate traffic to country, and yes, mostly, Denmark, Germany, Russia and China
2. make sure parameterized attack prevention are in place and fine tuned
3. make sure md5s on files and sources are all verified
then... reconsider higher layer and lower layer optimization of protection:
1. ip spoofing and time-outs, more like my version of fail2ban
2. 3rd party ddos and traffic pattern shaping protection like cloudflare and others
3. make sure backups are in place and consider application layer added bad traffic array sensing protection™
REF: bad traffic array sensing protection™ by Andy Flagg copyright 1998, 2001, 2005, 2013
The good thing is that our pii filtered logs are retrieved by cyber security experts and law enforcement, a honey pot of sorts since we started honey pot fail2ban projects back in 2010...
more to come...
if you found this article helpful, consider contributing $10, 20 an Andrew Jackson or so..to the author. more authors coming soon
FYI we use paypal or patreon, patreon has 3x the transaction fees, so we don't, not yet.
© 2023 myBlog™ v1.1 All rights reserved. We count views as reads, so let's not over think it.