Remote support tools are great yet come with a cost and danger if not used properly (Windows, Apple, Linux)
by Mountain Computers Inc., Publication Date: Saturday, June 11, 2022
View Count: 180, Keywords: Remote Support, Tools, Dangers, Best Practices, Hashtags: #RemoteSupport #Tools #Dangers #BestPractices
Remote support tools are used by many companies both for remote work and remote support and remote monitoring. The tools vary in cost from free to expensive licensing. The best practices for remote tools I have not heard of or read ever, nor lately, so let me begin.
1. remote tools are both enabled to remain on or only when used
2. remote tools can contain connection history which can be both good and bad.
3. remote tools can be a central hub to many clients, or just one to one from home to work and vice versa.
Now, with those three items, what are the best safeguards.
1. only have remote tools enabled to stay on for emergency purposes
2. ensure connection history is clear every so often if many connections are made frequently
3. if a one to many connection business purpose is being utilized never keep the passwords and connection info together on the system doing the one to many connections
which tools are out there.
2. remote desktop
Regardless of your purpose in using remote support tools, use them safely, ethically and wisely.
more to come...
if you found this article helpful, consider contributing $10, 20 an Andrew Jackson or so..to the author. more authors coming soon
FYI we use paypal or patreon, patreon has 3x the transaction fees, so we don't, not yet.
© 2022 myBlog™ v1.1 All rights reserved. We count views as reads, so let's not over think it.