Oracle Virtual Box Shared Folders configuration tips
Published: Thursday, March 28, 2019 written by Drew Jackson
View Count: 83
Keywords: Oracle, Virtual Box, Shared Folders
so, you need to access the files on your jump drive via the Oracle Virtual box hosting a Linux Distro?
easy peazy lemon squeezy.
1. in your VM settings, go to Shared Folders and select the USB drive
2. set to Auto Mount and Permanent and OK to that
3. boot OS
4. in OS, click Devices | Insert Guest Additions CD image
6. in OS, add user to vboxsf group by bringing up terminal window (CTRL+ALT+T) and sudo adduser $USER vboxsf
8. in OS, click on Home or Folders and voila, your jump drive will be there with full permissions to copy/paste
that's it. wish i did not have to reboot so many times. ps. this was done in Linux Mint and Peppermint OS
more to come...
if you found this article helpful, consider contributing $10, 20 an Andrew Jackson or so..to the author. more authors coming soon
FYI we use paypal or patreon, patreon has 3x the transaction fees, so we don't, not yet.
© 2020 myBlog™ v1.1 All rights reserved. We count views as reads, so let's not over think it.