ISP providers in the Western Nevada region
by Andy Flagg, Publication Date: Thursday, November 21, 2019
View Count: 198, Keywords: ISP, Internet, Providers, Northern Nevada, Hashtags: #ISP #Internet #Providers #NorthernNevada
Who are you using in Western Nevada for your internet access? I did originally mention Northern Nevada but that really is across the tri-counties when in fact I was more like focusing on the Washoe County area.
For Northern Nevada there is The-OnRamp in Winnemucca as a WISP and another besides the basic Charter home and business connectivity. AT&T not so much anymore.
for Western Nevada businesses and consumers, the list is rather short and we shall sort them depending on value-add.
1. charter consumer - high speed cable
2. charter business - high speed cable
3. highlands/preferred networks - high speed wifi for home and business
4. used to be GBIS (great basin internet), for DSL and dialup // WISP spin off
5. AT&T DSL and High Speed
6. Sky Fiber, used to be a different name
7. TelePacific (TPX), Switch, Level3, IO, Comcast, Frontier, etc, and other Telcos coming in and available depending on provisioning
more to come...
if you found this article helpful, consider contributing $10, 20 an Andrew Jackson or so..to the author. more authors coming soon
FYI we use paypal or patreon, patreon has 3x the transaction fees, so we don't, not yet.
© 2021 myBlog™ v1.1 All rights reserved. We count views as reads, so let's not over think it.