Brother Control Center 4 will not install or launch
by Mountain Computers Inc., Publication Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2020
View Count: 321, Keywords: Brother, Control Center 4, Will not Launch, Installation Issues, Hashtags: #Brother #ControlCenter4 #WillnotLaunch #InstallationIssues
So the trick to the Control Center 4 not launching or installing during some windows 7 update or hiccup is to:
1. remove the installation of Brother utilities and printer(s),
2. remove the entries from the file system and registry,
3. run CCleaner to file and registry portions to clean up what was missed
4. remove the contents of the c:\windows\twain_32 folder, just move it all to a test or temp folder
5. re-install the printer driver, custom, and if you don't need it skip the fax send/receive, research option, help and diagnostics
6. install the ccupdate and it will likely report back not needed
7. log off and login and control center 4 should appear
NOTE: maybe try this first step #4 and repair or re-install CC4. I learned step # 4 from a Dell tech post that could have most of the issues within that folder.
that's it. remember, if you are comfortable with the registry in the USER SOFTWARE and HKLM SOFTWARE both in the main and WOW32 then you should be fine, and the RD /S command for removing all the brother directories in the programs, programs x86 and programdata as well as user profile app\local, locallow, and roaming... you should be good to go.
CAVEAT: if you are not comfortable with ripping out registry entries and file system and user application folders, then don't do this. I am very comfortable doing this and learning how to do the same in Linux Mint just as much. Linux has some pretty good APT clean up and remove methodologies that just work and then BleachBit is a CCleaner comparable.
more to come...
if you found this article helpful, consider contributing $10, 20 an Andrew Jackson or so..to the author. more authors coming soon
FYI we use paypal or patreon, patreon has 3x the transaction fees, so we don't, not yet.
© 2021 myBlog™ v1.1 All rights reserved. We count views as reads, so let's not over think it.