Time of year to audit IT technology and inventory
by Andy Flagg, Publication Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2020
View Count: 189, Keywords: Audit, IT inventory, Equipment, Annual, Hashtags: #Audit #ITinventory #Equipment #Annual
It is the time of year to audit your IT equipment and inventory.
1. Have a checklist and include serial numbers, photos if necessary.
2. Make sure your CFO or accounting controller gets a copy of your audit.
3. High value or sensitive IT items should be tagged, marked and labeled as such.
4. Normally equipment in the field can only be verbally confirmed and not physically confirmed.
5. Make sure obsolete equipment is taken off the books and securely decommissioned and recycled.
NOTE: If you sell your equipment after the Audit, make sure your Audit has a page appended to it for items sold after audit.
more to come...
if you found this article helpful, consider contributing $10, 20 an Andrew Jackson or so..to the author. more authors coming soon
FYI we use paypal or patreon, patreon has 3x the transaction fees, so we don't, not yet.
© 2021 myBlog™ v1.1 All rights reserved. We count views as reads, so let's not over think it.